At The Request Of My Students While Teaching Wordsworth's Daffodils
You asked me
To write for you- for all of you
Something joyous as dancing Daffodils....!
When I'm abed or all at rest
My eyelids closed
I see a crowd over my inward screen,
Though not 'ten thousands at a glance'
But in counted numbers-
A crowd of my sweet students-
With golden glitters
On your foreheads-
A sign of glory- far more a beauty
Than of dancing Daffodils;
So many daffodils bloom
As I see in your innocence-
More blither I feel than Daffodils' joyance.
That wait for Spring
To get that Glory that's momentary.
But you make by your own
So many Springs daily.
So many daffodils bloom within my bosom
When I see- Upto the far-fetched horizon of Futurity.
Then nothing I see but this golden blossom
The more golden blossom to glow forever
Than these sprinkled flowers-
These short-existing Daffodils.
Composed on 26 Feb 2009
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (At The Request Of My Students While Teaching Wordsworth's Daffodils by Vivek Tiwari )
- Suffer no more, hasmukh amathalal
- Carver, Edward Kofi Louis
- Wendy Lou, Kim Barney
- Full Of Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- You are my poetry, ramesh rai
- Urge One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Polluted, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rolling In The Mud, Margaret Alice Second
- My Roving Art, Julian Mann
- Great Is Your Faithfulness, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)