At The Request Of My Students While Teaching Wordsworth's Daffodils
You asked me
To write for you- for all of you
Something joyous as dancing Daffodils....!
When I'm abed or all at rest
My eyelids closed
I see a crowd over my inward screen,
Though not 'ten thousands at a glance'
But in counted numbers-
A crowd of my sweet students-
With golden glitters
On your foreheads-
A sign of glory- far more a beauty
Than of dancing Daffodils;
So many daffodils bloom
As I see in your innocence-
More blither I feel than Daffodils' joyance.
That wait for Spring
To get that Glory that's momentary.
But you make by your own
So many Springs daily.
So many daffodils bloom within my bosom
When I see- Upto the far-fetched horizon of Futurity.
Then nothing I see but this golden blossom
The more golden blossom to glow forever
Than these sprinkled flowers-
These short-existing Daffodils.
Composed on 26 Feb 2009
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (At The Request Of My Students While Teaching Wordsworth's Daffodils by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki