Being A Snail ....... [Snails; from the snail's 'mouth'; wisdom; a touch of humour/humor]
Please don’t confuse me with my cousin “Slug”,
and never, no never dare.....to call me a bug!
I’m a SNAIL, and proud to show off my shell,
and if you don’t like it, you can go to Hell! !
Oh, forgive me for what I just “had to say”.
I may be slow, but sometimes I must have my way!
Do you ever wonder what life’s like as a snail,
when across a sidewalk slab you spy my shiny trail?
I hope you’re not one of “those” who’s in a rush,
who, under your heavy feet, my snail-friends crush.
Sure, we may be found on a garden flower or two,
but believe me, we’re just eating fungus, or drinking dew.
We may not be pretty and we may sure be slow,
but we’re steady as clockwork, as the next stanza will show.
Why, none other than the U.S. Postal Service chose the snail......
to be its mascot. I suppose you’ve heard by now......of “Snail Mail”.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i actually have had more 'to do' with slugs and bugs, but something made me write about snails. and some of their shells ARE pretty! bri :)
Comments about this poem (Being A Snail ....... [Snails; from the snail's 'mouth'; wisdom; a touch of humour/humor] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh