Stephen Katona Poems
- Spider In My Pencil Case From a group of boys, Came excited...
- The Zonkey And The Grolar Bear 'Please don't eat me, ' Said ...
- Pink Pyjama Party? Now what would you think, Of a party all...
- Koko's Poem For Robin Williams How I wish you'd let me know, ...
- A World Without Plastic It would be fantastic, If we ...
- The Tortoise And The Hare Race... The tortoise watched ...
- A Dolphin's Dreams My dreams although short, Some, I can ...
I am a General Practitioner in the UK with an interest in helping people become happier. I started putting old poems into cartoons to help people see life more positively, and ended up writing some of my own. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Spider In My Pencil Case
From a group of boys,
Came excited jabbering noise.
In the corner of the playground,
There was something they had found.
A boy called Tom poked it with a stick,
Watching made me feel quite sick.
I could see it was a baby spider,
My first thought was to hide her.
I cupped her in my hands,
And resisted all the boys demands,
Firmly saying 'no,
I'll never let her go! '
She tickled my palm,
Glad to be safe from harm.
I thought hard about a hiding place,
Then dropped her in my pencil case.
From that day on she was my pet.
I kept her safe ...