Sally Plumb Plumb
It walks by your hanging head,
There in your mind
the thoughts they turn...
what lies will form,
what blame be fed?
Then one sweet grasp at sanity,
a quiet repose...
till lying dread,
all cautions of the burning dread
that follows through
with words unsaid
into a mind of secrecy.
'Twill lend no ear
to silent sounds
for ever distant sighs abound...
the guilt of lust.
Self can't release
the former trust.
Sally Plumb Plumb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betrayel by Sally Plumb Plumb )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki