bhUvini dAsuDanE pErAsacE bOnkulADitinA budhamanOhara
avivEka mAnavula gOri kOri aDDudrOva trOkkitinA brOvavE
cAla saukhyamO kaShTamO nEnu jAlijEnditinA sarivArilO
pAlamuncina nITamuncinA padamulE gati tyAgarAjanuta
Word to word meaning:
pErAsacE : with the greed to
anE : be known as
dAsuDu: your devotee
bhuvini: in this earth
bOnkulADitinA: did I lie?
budha manOhara: Oh one who enchants the wise?
gOri kOri: asking favours from
aDDudrOva trOkkitinA: did I traverse crooked paths?
brOvavE: protect me
nEnu jAlijEnditinA: did I think
tsAla saukhyamO: of good times
kaShTamO: or difficult times?
sarivArilO: for people like me
pAlamuncina : what if you bathe me in milk
nItamuncina : or water?
padamulE gati: your feet are my only refuge
Oh one who enchants the wise, did I lie out of greed to be known as your foremost devotee on this earth?
Did I traverse crooked paths and lower myself by begging from base individuals? Protect me!
Did I ever bother about profit or loss? For people like me, to whom your feet are the only refuge, whether we bathe in milk or water it is all the same.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (bhUvini dAsuDanE by Tyagaraja )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Balances, Smoky Hoss
- Alone And Wretched, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- A Wanderer, Noah Body
- Adil Jussawalla A Poet Of The Fragmented.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Villanelle: Nothing so upturns creative .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- यादों का आवागमन............, sanjay kumar maurya
- Chiquitita, Matthias Pantaleon
- Through Heaven's Backdoor, Smoky Hoss
- A Little Daughter, What Have I In Poor I.., Bijay Kant Dubey