bhUvini dAsuDanE pErAsacE bOnkulADitinA budhamanOhara
avivEka mAnavula gOri kOri aDDudrOva trOkkitinA brOvavE
cAla saukhyamO kaShTamO nEnu jAlijEnditinA sarivArilO
pAlamuncina nITamuncinA padamulE gati tyAgarAjanuta
Word to word meaning:
pErAsacE : with the greed to
anE : be known as
dAsuDu: your devotee
bhuvini: in this earth
bOnkulADitinA: did I lie?
budha manOhara: Oh one who enchants the wise?
gOri kOri: asking favours from
aDDudrOva trOkkitinA: did I traverse crooked paths?
brOvavE: protect me
nEnu jAlijEnditinA: did I think
tsAla saukhyamO: of good times
kaShTamO: or difficult times?
sarivArilO: for people like me
pAlamuncina : what if you bathe me in milk
nItamuncina : or water?
padamulE gati: your feet are my only refuge
Oh one who enchants the wise, did I lie out of greed to be known as your foremost devotee on this earth?
Did I traverse crooked paths and lower myself by begging from base individuals? Protect me!
Did I ever bother about profit or loss? For people like me, to whom your feet are the only refuge, whether we bathe in milk or water it is all the same.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (bhUvini dAsuDanE by Tyagaraja )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Singles Dance at the Union Hall, Donal Mahoney
- Excitement, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Impulse, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Awaiting you, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Bee's Knees, Bill Cantrell
- Attain there, gajanan mishra
- Heart And Soul Treasures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hew plantain, gajanan mishra
- Waiting And Praying, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pictureal Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak