Like brick through a glass door
I break every time
I shatter, I crumble
I scream and I cry
When china hits concrete
I sweep myself up
No one else is going to
Who cares? Just a cup
Just my heart, just poor Katelin
Who can't seem to learn
That what goes up comes down
My scars are well earned
Won't someone tell her
The stories aren't true?
That fairy tale endings
Don't happen to you?
That once love is lost
It's not coming back?
But I still have hope
There's a reason for that.
My God, He will lead me
And write out my tale
And I'll get the last laugh
There's no way I'll fail.
My day will come soon
Though maybe not now
But I will be happy
This much is my vow.
Katelin Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Also visit my Facebook page at: https: //www.facebook.com/poetkatelintaylor? ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark
Comments about this poem (Brick by Katelin Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...