You conned me, you liar
You sick little cheat
You fake slab of excrement
You deplorable creep
I'm angry - you get this?
Like never before
I'll let it go someday
But today this is war.
You lifted me up
And then pushed me back down
You bowed at my feet
And then blew up my crown.
You made me believe
That you cared - what a joke!
You built me a fire
Then gagged me with smoke.
You're lower than nothing
You're not even a man
You play with emotions
Just ‘cause you can.
Are you so insecure
That you cannot see straight?
That's not my problem
I'm not your fate.
I'm sorry I wasted
So much love on you
I'm going to leave now
Without much ado.
I hope that you realize
You're missing out
On me and the other girls
You tried to burn out.
I've got your matches
And you'd better run.
I'm trigger happy
Oh, this will be fun.
Katelin Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Please rate and comment, I appreciate it :)
Also visit my Facebook page at: https: //www.facebook.com/poetkatelintaylor? ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark
Comments about this poem (Con by Katelin Taylor )
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- Die Frau des Gastwirts, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)