With bits & pieces step by step,
We've woven a happy small nest.
My beloved on this earth
Made it a small heaven - in fact.
We were Dancing, cooing & singing in nights
In side that cuckoo’s nest.
Life was flowing smoothly so nice,
Merrily … as the butterflies,
With colors & luster…it was so vibrant
And so happy were we.
A gusty storm in between,
Shook away in a gloomy day.
The lovely nest along with my love ….
Was brutally snatched away.
The heaven on earth what we made –
That paradise was lost as such.
With a wounded heart and the broken wings -
Now, I am deserted on a sandy bay.
Sitting alone on the river bank –
Saw the dying sun was setting down.
I saw a new piece of land -
Rising afresh on the river bed.
With the heavy heart, I could read =
Time and tide wait for none,
One will perish and other will come.
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken Wings by Amitava Sur )
Did you read them?
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Worry-Chaser, Edgar Albert Guest
- Henry Ford's Offhand Way, Edgar Albert Guest
- Happiness no quest at all, Pranab K. Chakraborty