With bits & pieces step by step,
We've woven a happy small nest.
My beloved on this earth
Made it a small heaven - in fact.
We were Dancing, cooing & singing in nights
In side that cuckoo’s nest.
Life was flowing smoothly so nice,
Merrily … as the butterflies,
With colors & luster…it was so vibrant
And so happy were we.
A gusty storm in between,
Shook away in a gloomy day.
The lovely nest along with my love ….
Was brutally snatched away.
The heaven on earth what we made –
That paradise was lost as such.
With a wounded heart and the broken wings -
Now, I am deserted on a sandy bay.
Sitting alone on the river bank –
Saw the dying sun was setting down.
I saw a new piece of land -
Rising afresh on the river bed.
With the heavy heart, I could read =
Time and tide wait for none,
One will perish and other will come.
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken Wings by Amitava Sur )
Did you read them?
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
- Corruption, abhi mangla
- Nature, abhi mangla
- Mate, legitimate!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Summarizing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Polished Love, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Poet's Love Letter, Joseph Ogbonna
- Showing Mercy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Telling Essences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)