With bits & pieces step by step,
We've woven a happy small nest.
My beloved on this earth
Made it a small heaven - in fact.
We were Dancing, cooing & singing in nights
In side that cuckoo’s nest.
Life was flowing smoothly so nice,
Merrily … as the butterflies,
With colors & luster…it was so vibrant
And so happy were we.
A gusty storm in between,
Shook away in a gloomy day.
The lovely nest along with my love ….
Was brutally snatched away.
The heaven on earth what we made –
That paradise was lost as such.
With a wounded heart and the broken wings -
Now, I am deserted on a sandy bay.
Sitting alone on the river bank –
Saw the dying sun was setting down.
I saw a new piece of land -
Rising afresh on the river bed.
With the heavy heart, I could read =
Time and tide wait for none,
One will perish and other will come.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken Wings by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest