In A Misty Autumn Night.
Cherishing your presence
Being so benevolent,
Your every footstep
Is immensely engraved
In the inner core of mine.
Assuming your footprint
Under the full moon sky
Walking gracefully -
In a misty autumn night.
Eagerly I await your footsteps
In my deserted barren life.
Quietly you step in
In this silent dead night.
O' moon you glow a bit more
My love, she comes......
Oh' my dear the inseparable......
Being always so closest to my heart.
I welcome you in this cool autumn night
Beamed with this moon's loving light.
Sit here, by the side of me
Giving your lovely smile,
Don't leave me so helplessly
Don't punish me anymore.
I just cannot think a moment
Without seeing you here! !
O' my dear -
I loved you, love you
And will be loving throughout my life.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY AMITAVA SUR
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In A Misty Autumn Night. by Amitava Sur )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- nobody ever finds the one, Frank Avon
- when you get someone, Bull Hawking
- Ode to the Cereal Bowl: after Bukowski's.., Frank Avon
- Reflected Inspection, Kela LewisMorin
- Clean Plates, Frank Avon
- One Of Many, Kela LewisMorin
- Purpose, Kela LewisMorin
- Love, Kela LewisMorin
- What Is Right?, Kela LewisMorin
- Happy New Year, Kela LewisMorin