Brother Same Mother
Dear my brother we shared one mother,
Where have you gone as none to call brother,
Do you remember those days with our Grandmother.
I was young but never will i forget you George!
I could even tell how at School you Dodge,
Ten Houses Chairman well cared our little Village,
The same mother we shared and how She gives us Porridge.
Farming and Fishing was my jobs at that age of Seven,
I one return home and heard u've gone to town,
Your Father picks you up and never see your again,
You left us alone and never feel pain.
Never again heard your news and days are gone,
Our Mother died and left us but you ever turn,
Why is that Brother! Is that hard life made you run.
We are now Parentless I with Our Little Sister Shebba,
Is that your Baba or Town life makes you Sober,
Back soon before I or Grandma returns the number,
The Hut you left us in,
Still the Hut Our Grandmother live in,
Though I' in Town now but i've never missed a visit in.
Hence you Should back to the Roots.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brother Same Mother by Abdallah Mpogole )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas
- Let Us Return To The Country Of Clouds, mary douglas
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai