Peter Daniel Phiri
Burden Of Love
I can't be your lover,
Because I can't love you,
Without hurting you.
I can't have you,
Because I can't lose you.
Nomatter what I do,
I can't run away from you,
But I can't touch you,
I can only love you from a distance.
I learned to be silent,
Since I can't confess my love to you.
Tears no longer run down my cheeks,
For their well has dried up.
I am a bridge to your happiness,
The person you should step on,
To get to your destiny, ..
I'm the reason for your joy,
And you are;
The reason for my pain.
But you are my better half,
You are the reason for my weakness,
For my lack of purpose.
How can I ever fight? ,
For something I can't have, ..
Something that can only destroy you;
My only love.
I don't desire to have money,
Nor do I yearn for treasure,
For I strive for somethings better than money and treasure.
I'm not a seeker of love,
For I have love in abundance,
Though I can't give it away;
The source of my burden,
And my misery.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle