Peter Daniel Phiri
Burden Of Love
I can't be your lover,
Because I can't love you,
Without hurting you.
I can't have you,
Because I can't lose you.
Nomatter what I do,
I can't run away from you,
But I can't touch you,
I can only love you from a distance.
I learned to be silent,
Since I can't confess my love to you.
Tears no longer run down my cheeks,
For their well has dried up.
I am a bridge to your happiness,
The person you should step on,
To get to your destiny, ..
I'm the reason for your joy,
And you are;
The reason for my pain.
But you are my better half,
You are the reason for my weakness,
For my lack of purpose.
How can I ever fight? ,
For something I can't have, ..
Something that can only destroy you;
My only love.
I don't desire to have money,
Nor do I yearn for treasure,
For I strive for somethings better than money and treasure.
I'm not a seeker of love,
For I have love in abundance,
Though I can't give it away;
The source of my burden,
And my misery.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Love by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- strange is the mindset!, Somanathan Iyer
- DREAMS........., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Down below, GRANT FRASER
- لماذا, ala rhmn
- Branches Reaching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)