Peter Daniel Phiri
Blessing In Disguise
For it's not wisdom I scribble on paper,
But junk that cloud my head with a seductive song that takes me to the horizon;
And further forward into oblivion,
Where only the impossible thoughts and dreams seem so true and real.
Mere awe and surprise are the tools to life and a passage to sanity.
I don't know why my heart is so fond of wonderous adventures that it constantly eludes my mind;
And communicates with my soul in whispers before their disagreement brings back reality,
Another long silence, and a forgotten memory.
I empty old thoughts and vague aspirations,
Like a well builder empties mud so that water may sprout;
So that wisdom and new imaginations may spring forth.
When I speak, they listen,
For they believe I speak their minds out, their fears and pain;
And give them the streangth to outdare this evil world.
But little do they know that their attention and presence frees me from my fears and demons;
And elevates me to superior layers of heaven.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessing In Disguise by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Needed, Michael McParland
- Glory dies with memory., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sources and termination, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Blood Red Candle, Arrianna Prentiss
- Hugh in a Nutshell, Arrianna Prentiss
- Painting Tomorrow, Cathy Hodgson
- Silence of the Snow, Arrianna Prentiss
- Don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)