Just hard life
not playing with them
of ice-cream sticks
not tasting them
wiping the screens
breaking the stones
picking the cocoa beans
not eating the chocolates
and harsh looks
no pen to write
no bags, no books
I hear Blake
from heart's core
just take care
lest you should drive
an angel from your door!
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
- - - - - -
The poem is a sequel to the poem of the same title composed by Jayachandran Chakrapany!
Reference to Blake connects us to the last line of his poem HOLY THURSDAY 1! ! !
Comments about this poem (Child Labour by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The BLISS Train IS Rollin'! ! !, Monk E. Biz
- Akungba Igbeyin, Tosin Abegunde
- Potential Individuality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Ballad Of The Cowardly Fornicator, Andrea Mejia
- hostess snack, you missed the messy attack, Mandolyn ...
- Brightness Is Brighter, mary douglas
- Ekphrastic Poetry- Van Gogh -Night Cafe, Marieta Maglas
- Suddenly Darkness, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Walking On The Jewels Of Your Silence, mary douglas
- Show It To Me, Lawrence S. Pertillar