Child Of The Future
What can I give you child of the future,
Child of the Universe grand?
Only my wisdom, calmness and peace,
Through years of making a stand.
To you who hold the world for us all.
Your beauty to shine through the land.
With such warmth and devotion and love for this life,
I offer to you just my hand.
Oh child of the future how soundly you sleep.
I wonder what your life will bring.
May it only bring goodness and beauty and light.
Nothing but wonderful things.
I watch as you sleep and know there is hope,
That the future is all in your hands.
You're the child of the future, the child of our dreams.
The one to bring life to our lands.
What can I give you, you wonderful child,
As you rest at peace in your bed.
I can pass on my knowledge, my wisdom
And learning, and place it all inside your head.
Oh child of the future let love overthrow,
Evil with all that it means.
You're the next generation, I want you to know,
You're the product of all of our dreams.
So rest in your small bed and know as you sleep,
I'm standing beside you so strong.
As you take your path, be it ever so steep,
I'm walking with you all along.
Rosi Caswell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Child Of The Future by Rosi Caswell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- unanswered, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- passwords, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- lullabies, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- aftertaste, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Beauty is everywhere, Maurice Whyte
- amiss, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- just sad, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Brilliant Story-Telling Ability, Margaret Alice Second
- As promised..., Matthew Edan Oliver Palma
- Love True, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma