How I remember when I was young
and what Christmas ment to me.
All the wonder, magic and belief,
it still holds that special feeling inside for me.
Sad I know but I still hang my stocking by the fire side,
I still write that letter to Santa Claus.
And yes, I know its silly
but I still leave a mince pie, glass of milk
and not forgetting a carrot for Rudolf.
I still sleep with one eye open just incase
and I still wake with such joy the next day.
Christmas time, oh how you complete the year
and how I love you so
with all the shows and light,
nothing can beat this time of year.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...