The Space Between
I hope you're enjoying the view from up there
Better than me, living life - not a care
Least of all me, far too late I found out
I was the space between rain and the drought.
I was enough for you until you found someone else
Someone better than me, on a higher up shelf
Someone more at your level, someone else besides me
I was your chain until you found the key.
I was the time you spent breaking my heart
I was the one you called pretty and smart
I guess you were joking, or maybe you're cruel
And I'm just the girl that you played like a fool.
I hope you're enjoying your life without me
Because never again will I fall at your feet
I'm on my own and I like it that way
So don't come to me when she decides not to stay.
Oh, I'm enjoying the view from up here
The temperature's fine and the sky is all clear
I started to look for you, but then I did see
Someone much better than you just for me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Also visit my Facebook page at: https: //www.facebook.com/poetkatelintaylor? ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark
Comments about this poem (The Space Between by Katelin Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Just For the Record, Joyce Sutphen
- lonely wanderer, The lonely wanderer
- The day my angel died, whole world cried, The lonely wanderer
- the day I get to call you mine, The lonely wanderer
- No goal, hasmukh amathalal
- gud bye my love, The lonely wanderer
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 77, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ordinary Goddess, GRANT FRASER
- u and I are never alike, The lonely wanderer
- Truth and non-violence, gajanan mishra