Confined in a small cell
He stares into the distant sky
Through the strong iron bars, indifferently.
Life is meaningless, unbearable torture
Both mentally and physically.
But to survive for the dearest kid
Lives in his own country.
With tearful eyes and sighs
He shouted loudly breaking the silence,
'I am not a spy
Believe me, my dear child.
I am not a spy.
I crossed the border
While enjoying scenic beauty.
I know you are toddling
Searching me all around.
Perhaps calling p-a-p-a
Stretching your tender hands.
I kiss your smiling face cautiously
And keep you hiding in my chest
But they snatch away your photo
How can I live my dear child?
I do not know what is in store in my fate
I do not know when I will be free
Till then only we are to wait….wait…. and wait.'
Bireswar Halder's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confinement by Bireswar Halder )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(14 October 1888 – 9 January 1923)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(23 January 1861 - 2 Apirl 1931)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tribute To The Pet Shop Boys, Michael P. McParland
- Tribute To Freddie Mercury, Michael P. McParland
- Hail! The Coming Year, Anthony Di'anno
- Treat, Michael P. McParland
- Touched, Michael P. McParland
- Generation Kill, Talile Ali
- Santa's answer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Too The One I Love, Michael P. McParland
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael P. McParland
- Taking advise, george albot