Count Your Fears
Let us count our fears, one at a time,
Put them in a glass still, and boil them on the fire of our inner beauty.
Let the spirit of mirage boil away, leaving the nett sum for final assay.
I won't be surprised, neither you, it is a very known friend, who lurks,
Hides, in full day light, pretending he isn't there, wanting us to look the other way,
Selling us the story of the Turkey, who hid his head in the sands of pseudo Glory.
When he is certain, and he is the ultimate gift, the only pure love which HE can ever give,
Because from it rises the bloom of today's beat, the Cheetah in us wants to leap,
The spring from our rocks, wants to break free, The Bird within wants to flap and fly free,
The mind hurtles for the Velocity of light, seeking Freedom in full flight,
Because were it not for the Gift of Certain Death,
Life would have been living dead.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Count Your Fears by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Open Windows, Lilly Emery
- The Captor Paragon, johnny case
- The Melody Of The Wind, Dennis Lange
- Lesbian Bisexuals, Richard Thripp
- MAN WHO WALKED ON WATER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Love and Tears, Beach Girl
- Till Now, Cheryl Griffith
- shamely departed, kyvin nash
- THEIR SMART MISSILES ARE NOT SMARTER THA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Black Orchid, Beach Girl