RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Curt Little Words
Listening to inner voices of emotion, turning over years of images so I may remember the pain that others have caused in my life.
Most of it was needlessly heaped upon me by thoughtless, uncaring people - some strangers.
Even family members, at times, carelessly hurting without thinking.
Life is painful enough without others adding their own insecurities and issues - folding them in curt little words and sentences at me and other people.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Riding a scooter playfully through my mind,
reliving childhood in many colorful images.
Comments about this poem (Curt Little Words by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Venice, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
Poem of the Day
- Nap Time, Michael P. McParland
- Son of the Carpenter, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Joel Osteen = Soldier For The Lord, Tom Zart
- Wake Up, Dreamer, Paula Glynn
- Peace Be Upon You, Michael P. McParland
- My Soul, Michael P. McParland
- Love is Blind, Apolynn Lagaras
- My Sweet Angel Dove, Michael P. McParland
- My Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- My Sweet Love, Michael P. McParland