Death, you came too soon...
Unaware of your arrival, you came and stole my sister from me.
The day seemed long... I recognizd the call...
I heard him beckon me to go.
As I traveled, my stomanch in knots
The perfect prelude played on the radio.
Death, you made your entrance once again
Leaving behind grief and sorrow...
One day, You will be swallowed up.
It is written 'Where Is your victory, where is your sting'
Death, you now have the floor... but with my Savior we will reign forever more!
Vonda Overlie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by Vonda Overlie )
- Fading Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Walk Away, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Be Calm and Cool, Aftab Alam
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Quick-Sand, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- this day, sheade rudman
- Love Always, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Smile Not For All, Savita Tyagi
- Life with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)