RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Wrapped up in deserted desires, life sits impatiently on
lonely islands, trampled by the ingenuity of man, left
broken on forgotten sands.
Illuminated, not by any facts of light, only blackness
caused from lack of sight.
Lonely vigils being kept by lonely people, afraid to let
go of themselves, afraid of being lost.
Sitting upon jutting rocks, fishing mindlessly for wisdom
in pools of parkened slime.
Brought up from murky depths of indecision, pulled on shore,
roughly thrown upon the heap of latent desire.
Then being left alone and stranded, wrapping itself up in
deserted fires, sitting alone on deserted islands.
Wrapped up in darkness now, only fireflies can find their
way back from reality's deserted shores.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deserted Desires by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 February 1970-)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- Watch UFC 183 Free Online Live Stream: S.., Kala John
- Drumming Senses, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lips Of Lies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Floating on Whimsy, Nika McGuin
- Weapon of Words, Yemi Amoo
- The Jars, Nika McGuin
- Heartfelt Trust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- NIGHT WHISPER, john chizoba vincent
- Missing, Marilyn Jean
- Mourning Glory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak