Is It Poetry
Despair A Song Of
Losers in a row about to die
corks that pop from the other side.
People have come from all over
the country just to watch them cry.
Haughty looks aristocrats
pulled from homes that are now forfeit.
Children that can't be saved.
Better thee than me a father says.
Walk me home I hear one mother.
Dancing in the streets unpaved.
Distant future from the past in the dawn I hide.
Rhyme or reason treasonous tounge
from the land scape and you can never see.
Unrelated events that came together here.
No warning came to they.
Corks that pop as guns go off and oddly
from the corner of my eye.
I see the rest of them come from the forest
their on fire.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Despair A Song Of by Is It Poetry )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Sunset, gajanan mishra
- Silent Spring, Bijay Kant Dubey
- sTrEaMed 2 - Compliant s afforded. The .., sEaN nOrTh
- This world, appiah japheth
- Nation Building, Tony Adah
- A Dance Is A Poem Gesturted Through, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Salvage, appiah japheth
- Sitting In The Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish for peace and not war pieces, Juwon Daniel
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra