RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Distance Of Classical Music
Cantering to classical music, enjoying it's divine company
in my present state of sadness.
Folding all thoughts, gathering them to me, wishing to
hold them always.
Never rushing into spacious rooms full of risks, instead
staying here inside where it is much safer.
Not talking or relating on any level, contemplating life
in my own particular style.
Relieving self of guilt and shame which are no one else's
Tossing aside all comments made that I do not wish to
discuss and think of.
Left to my own devices, life will improve in the degrees
I choose for it.
Other people may keep their distance - this will make me
Nothing anyone can do or say will change a thing because
I choose to ignore them.
This is my day, like no other, and I will enjoy it through
the cantering of classical music without interruption.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Distance Of Classical Music by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain
- In laziness begot, Emmanuel George Cefai
- When Times Will Ring with Bells, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hurling themselves over the rocks, Emmanuel George Cefai