Federico García Lorca
Ditty of First Desire
In the green morning
I wanted to be a heart.
And in the ripe evening
I wanted to be a nightingale.
turn the color of love.)
In the vivid morning
I wanted to be myself.
And at the evening's end
I wanted to be my voice.
turn the color of love.
Federico García Lorca's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ditty of First Desire by Federico García Lorca )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Poem of the Day
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland