When I was a child, I dreamed,
and dreams were that I became a man
and all my dreams and dreamings
disappeared, until you came into my life.
I had thought I should die without my dreams,
but you, upon entering my soul
awakened my heart and brought me back from sleep.
It was, at that moment, I saw...
that I had betrayed my reality
and misplaced all my dreams.
For my dreams were most innocent and pure -
I was still the child
and my dreams had been your song.
I looked for you while I slept and in
my awakening I searched and found
You had always been with me, holding,
carrying and protecting my dreams,
until the day I awakened and became the child
who had once dreamed he was a man.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Melek Yuzlu )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(22 October 1928 -)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Poetry of Mathematics, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Ajab Makaan Hai Ke Jis Mein Makeenn Nahe.., Parveen Shakir
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- I Did As I Was Commanded, Edward Kofi Louis
- Disease, decease!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Backdoor Sex, Luis Estable
- Try To Call Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fishing Hole, Ima Ryma
- Whole, hole!, Edward Kofi Louis
- No Way For Her, Luis Estable
- Slowly Does It, Luis Estable
- The Dance, Ronald Stuart Thomas
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V