When I was a child, I dreamed,
and dreams were that I became a man
and all my dreams and dreamings
disappeared, until you came into my life.
I had thought I should die without my dreams,
but you, upon entering my soul
awakened my heart and brought me back from sleep.
It was, at that moment, I saw...
that I had betrayed my reality
and misplaced all my dreams.
For my dreams were most innocent and pure -
I was still the child
and my dreams had been your song.
I looked for you while I slept and in
my awakening I searched and found
You had always been with me, holding,
carrying and protecting my dreams,
until the day I awakened and became the child
who had once dreamed he was a man.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Melek Yuzlu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- Again Daddy Again, Tammy Ashton
- Winter flower, ramesh rai
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher