I Like The Quiet Places, The Silent Places
I like the quiet places, the silent places -
places inside my head.
Places where I can run and hide
in the moments when I feel afraid.
I like the places that welcome me
and let me run, or hide and play.
I like the quiet moments
where life seems far less grey.
I like it when I'm free to be
the one who chooses what to say -
the one who sits in silence
and hides herself away.
I like the quiet places where
in silence I may think at will,
and sometimes in these silences
I like to be quite still.
I like my quiet places and
the moments these may bring,
for in my quiet moments
I feel free to laugh, and play and sing.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Like The Quiet Places, The Silent Places by Melek Yuzlu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Fast Asleep, Leonard Champlin
- Unaware, Saiom Shriver
- Lyre RE-UNSTRUNGED, Dwitun Basumatary
- LUMINOUS, Dwitun Basumatary
- La Lunar, Patricia Grantham
- DREAM OF PEACE, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Motion picture, daniel george
- Fallen, daniel george
- The Shadow Of The Wind., Tony Adah
- True Meaning Of Friendship Quote, thumper 786