I Leave a Candle Burning
I leave a candle burning in the window
to guide you safely home each night.
I clear a path for you to find your way,
and each night I keep watch and hold hope.
I leave a candle burning at the foot of the stair
and I hope you'll arrive before dawn.
Each day I cry in the silence at my loss -
In the shadows I'm still all alone.
I keep a candle burning in the window
and pray one night that you'll return.
I watch, and I hope in the silence of night
as I listen for your footstep on the stair.
A candle burns silently in my heart
and I wait for the shadows to disappear.
I long for the sight of you walking home
So that dawn will once more re-appear.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Leave a Candle Burning by Melek Yuzlu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock