It's myopic to claim
We're not all the same.
Separation always holds sway
If vanity's call that
Our Self controls all
Means ambition is chased every day.
This illusion of ' I '
Distorts how we try
To see we aren't seperate at all.
If we are, there's a ' Them ' -
That's the Ego again
Raising reasons for ultimate fall.
We stay empty inside,
Inflated with pride,
Forgiving not ' other ' or ' self '.
Inner growth brings the need
To foster real seed,
Sprouting spirit of far greater wealth.
When Ego holds court
We're easily bought,
Relinquishing choices for good.
Learning how to let go
Will inevitably show
An Ego, at last understood.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ego-Sway by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I'd rather be, Monica Lanier
- An Art By Heart, Rasel Khan
- Fighting on..., David Lessard
- Simile, Monica Lanier
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier
- G I N A, hasmukh amathalal
- Esteemed, Monica Lanier
- बैसागुनि आगान, Bahadur Basumatary
- sTiLL the MOON mOVEs On PaSt MidNiGht ca.., sEaN nOrTh
- Released, Mehradad Nosrati