Every Time I'm Out About Town
She walks restlessly up and down,
Every time I'm out about town.
And refuses to even go to bed,
Just sits and waits up instead.
And when I finally do come back,
I know I'm going to get some flack.
As soon as I open that front door,
She'll let me know what she has in store.
All day long she had been thinking and debating,
How to make me pay for keeping her waiting.
Her eyes will bore down on me like laser beams,
Her pleasant tones will turn to cries and screams.
She'll walk past me and never glance at me the same.
I'd call to her but she'll pretend that's not her name.
I'll try my best to make it up to her with trinkets and treats,
But once my cat gets angry... oh my poor bedsheets.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Every Time I'm Out About Town by Elena Plotkin )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Sensation Of Cleansing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A vase of flowers, Leong Ming Loong
- this just fell off of my frontal lobe, Mandolyn ...
- Growing Intellectually, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra