F.Tyutchev, She Sat On Floor... - Translation (Rus.)
She sat on floor and sorted letters
From a pile, that was in front of her,
And like the coooled and rare ashes
She raised them up, then downfalled.
She took the sheets and looked at them
So mistically, so strangely -
As soul looks from height of heaven
For its earth body, left forever...
How much a life was in that sheets,
Irrevocable, gone throughout!
How much a love they go to keep,
The minutes sad and love, killed finally.
I stood aside and wished to kneel
Before her in the excitation! ..
And falled at last into sad feel,
As from a nice and awful shadow.
Lyudmila31 Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
In russian and translated in bulgarian
by Krasimir Georgiev:
Comments about this poem (F.Tyutchev, She Sat On Floor... - Translation (Rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- OUR REAL REALITY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Love Strippers, Barry Jablonski
- As you sow, so, you reap, Aftab Alam
- 1 Soul + Another =____?, LUVinThe NOW
- Rise of the Fallen, Maverick Jones
- your memory barks in my old blue trunk, Mandolyn Davidson
- i run with an ax, Mandolyn Davidson
- i smile because it makes you look good, Mandolyn Davidson
- Today Is Today, Margaret Moran
- Inclusiveness of Religions-A Ramzan Thou.., Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran