Faith Betrayed: The Sale Of Love
Jimmy calmed my heart in deep depression
A balm or physic for sorrow's ceasation
While I was alone
With all my hopes in deep despair
My world has all my mother's care
Father and brothers
All climbed early on death's stair!
Jimmy's affection so fonded me
I couldn'd escape a love in he!
He too confessed and promised his love
My pleasure to him flew as a dove!
Devoted to him
My being love bound
He was my angel
My hope profound!
He wished with me
To dine a day
Enjoying a hotel or a distant cafe.
How could I deny his longings
A pleasure such as soul's wedding?
I put my labour and leisure away
To cheer my love
My love a day.
All my way my love he fired
His sparkling eyes me blushed and inspired
Brought me far-far away from there
In a large hotel as grand
We sat together in a lonely room
Together we sat hand in hand.
His cheeks looked worm
And dried lips
I kissed them soft
To meet his bliss
Eyes sportive as playing some trick!
Right them appeared a stranger
And maliciousily uttered 'well you done
Good piece choosen of many diamonds
Now take your price full fifty thousands! `
I was knocked in bed in fear
To be ravished for demons' fun.
Jimmy parted with malice smile
Said, 'Darling thanks well paid'
And waved bye-bye!
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Faith Betrayed: The Sale Of Love by Vivek Tiwari )
- A Dark Cloud, Edward Kofi Louis
- When we were, 107 tshepzen
- 379. Song—Fragment—Love for love, Robert Burns
- Snail, snake!, Edward Kofi Louis
- 89. The Ordination, Robert Burns
- Cold Rooms, Edward Kofi Louis
- On Hinges Swings, Chukwuemeka Okonkwo
- With Compassion, Edward Kofi Louis
- Adieu!, RAJESH.C BOSE
- My Twin Self, Tosin Abegunde
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1679 - 1718)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)