Lawrence S. Pertillar
It's just a bunch of unconfessed mess,
Allowed to simmer until it boils over...
From a pot neglected set high to heat,
By those who felt it could be ignored...
While awaiting to feast exclusively,
On greed they chose for no one else to feed...
But themselves exclusively.
Although stolen utensils were used,
From those they denied a bite to eat.
Has increasingly created unwanted disturbances.
Evil a doing of selfishness,
Can unexpectedly reveal to the public such misdeeds.
Evil such wicked thoughts can leave,
Perceived inappropriate actions taken...
By those deceived to spill out,
Even on tree lined suburban streets.
In places depicted as having ethnic equalities.
And opportunities for all.
But those left behind the stage,
And kept away from the fake of the gloss...
Know the truth to live as is.
With a caring of showing less...
Who perceives them to be negative and not reflect,
Those false realities they are fed to feed on their TV sets.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (False Realities by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid