RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Antiques of families, made by loving, caring hands.
Cut and fit together with an old pair of metal skates used for the wheels of the table.
Varnished and polished - a wonderful piece of furniture made for a Grandmother who had fallen and broken her hip.
A quaint table when all were through, to hold important utensils and to eat from too.
A beautiful gift - a wonderful memento - a tribute to a loving wife and mother.
Through all the years, pricelessly kept and passed for use from one family member to another.
At present the stories are told and remembered by relatives to keep it's history current.
Years pass quickly and quietly as antiques become family heirlooms - bringing a special closeness with loved ones who have died.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family Antiques by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Rosy - 2, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Nangalum Manidan Than!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa