Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
Far away from me
How to say these words because
I don't know her personally
Does that count on the situation like this?
Questions inside me,
I am able to talk when I can't talk, got nothing to say
I am able to ask when there is no question,
I am hungry but I can't eat, here is the food.
Since, when I can't talk to myself alone?
That why it always bright even if it is night to me
She came in that night but, bright to me as sunshine.
She came as beautiful as she is,
but how to say this since I haven't seen her?
How to prove in myself that I really care about her
How can I say that to her when I am far away from her…
Can I explain my feelings to her about her?
Lots of questions and lots of answers needed,
but no one to ask
There is a lady up there who seems to won
Won a heart from me
She looking with those eyes of Africa,
she had an African smile.
So that what I like for Africa it holding
a deep humanity from inside out
I liked what I am talking about it real what
I mean is cool.
But what can be trusted to me since I am away
Since she is away, no way but away from me
Far away from the heart that care about her.
Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Far away from me by Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini )
- Let me name one, gajanan mishra
- Moy Serena Venera, YA tebya lyublyu, yes.., Hebert Logerie
- My heart, James Berth
- Where will she be, hasmukh amathalal
- Drinking God's Beauty, Vera Sidhwa
- I know you are calling me, gajanan mishra
- What Perfect Love Could Be, michael walkerjohn
- Only reality, hasmukh amathalal
- The Photographer, Randy McClave
- THE WORLD AND I, Romeo Della Valle
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)