Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
Far away from me
How to say these words because
I don't know her personally
Does that count on the situation like this?
Questions inside me,
I am able to talk when I can't talk, got nothing to say
I am able to ask when there is no question,
I am hungry but I can't eat, here is the food.
Since, when I can't talk to myself alone?
That why it always bright even if it is night to me
She came in that night but, bright to me as sunshine.
She came as beautiful as she is,
but how to say this since I haven't seen her?
How to prove in myself that I really care about her
How can I say that to her when I am far away from her…
Can I explain my feelings to her about her?
Lots of questions and lots of answers needed,
but no one to ask
There is a lady up there who seems to won
Won a heart from me
She looking with those eyes of Africa,
she had an African smile.
So that what I like for Africa it holding
a deep humanity from inside out
I liked what I am talking about it real what
I mean is cool.
But what can be trusted to me since I am away
Since she is away, no way but away from me
Far away from the heart that care about her.
Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Far away from me by Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini )
- I Always Looked Upon Them With Pity And .., Shalom Freedman
- False, Neela Nath
- A woman is going, gajanan mishra
- Like Opium, michael walkerjohn
- Conscious Love~~~, Mr. Nobody
- The Name's Bond, James Bond!, Denis Martindale
- Time's Mend, michael walkerjohn
- The One-Legged Surfer, Mr. Nobody
- As an alternattive, hasmukh amathalal
- This station has no name, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Question, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)