Friends, I’m a person like you
Who has but enjoyment very few
Who do exist on this earth
But unable to lead a normal life since birth.
I can’t see the Nature around
Or the tall buildings that surround
Like you I can’t enjoy the rain**
Nor the sight of beautiful lane.
I was born in darkness
And I do live in darkness
Dark nights alone surround me
I see everywhere dark around me.
Yes, my dear friend I’m blind
Who has full of darkness ahead
But happy am I with this fate
As like you am not a victim of love and hate! **
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
**Am not a victim of love and hate - means that am not exposed to hatredness and love in a similar manner a normal being is put through.
I hope I have been able to justify the feelers of a blind person in a subtle way and not make the readers difficult to interpret the hidden meanings in this poem.
Thanks to all of you who have read my poem and given in their valuable inputs.
Comments about this poem (Fate by Kavya ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath