Friends, I’m a person like you
Who has but enjoyment very few
Who do exist on this earth
But unable to lead a normal life since birth.
I can’t see the Nature around
Or the tall buildings that surround
Like you I can’t enjoy the rain**
Nor the sight of beautiful lane.
I was born in darkness
And I do live in darkness
Dark nights alone surround me
I see everywhere dark around me.
Yes, my dear friend I’m blind
Who has full of darkness ahead
But happy am I with this fate
As like you am not a victim of love and hate! **
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
**Am not a victim of love and hate - means that am not exposed to hatredness and love in a similar manner a normal being is put through.
I hope I have been able to justify the feelers of a blind person in a subtle way and not make the readers difficult to interpret the hidden meanings in this poem.
Thanks to all of you who have read my poem and given in their valuable inputs.
Comments about this poem (Fate by Kavya ... )
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi
- A Visionary, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ezandleni zengelosi, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ungibonisile, senzokhaya umhayi
- I had a Dream..., Suzette Richards
- The new Don Quixotes in our time, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis