HAPPY TEACHERS DAY
Remembering fondly my teachers
On this day
As I walk decades back
To pay tribute in a humble way.
Our Principal Ms. Latha Mam
Was as strict as her position demanded
We used to pretend to be scared of her
Though comments at the back would later shower
Our first and foremost teacher, Ms. D'souza Teacher
Short in stature but very kind in nature
The first teacher who taught us to write A B C D
A very sweet and adorable lady was she.
Our Marathi Teacher Ms.Athalye Teacher
Tiny and frail was her structure
She used to come, read the entire chapter
None in the class would pay heed to her
Instead we used to make fun and get buried in laughter.
Our Geography Teacher, Ms. Bhagwat teacher
Tall and stout was her personality
A serious look she had
Though often she would laugh and joke
A kind of sleepy lecture for all folk
Our English & History Teacher, Ms.Vijaya Teacher
Short and plump with a loud voice
Would always notice me and my friend talking
And tell us 'get out of the class'
Outside the class we would giggle more
From the class at us she would again roar!
Our Hindi Teacher, Ms Seema Teacher
Middle aged Maharashtrian lady
Hindi she would speak less and Marathi more
Had only one favourite student whom she would always adore!
Our Maths & Sci Teacher, Ms. Manisha Teacher
Curly hair, very fair, was good looking and cool
Was liked by mostly all in the school
Her teachings were also best and interesting too
Our Drawing & Craft Teacher, Ms. Dabke Teacher
Taught us to make items out of paper and clay
Drawing too was learnt by us to some extent
A period meant for some leisure and enjoyment!
The picture that I have drawn above of all teachers
Are not to make fun of them
Instead I from the bottom of my heart salute and respect them
For bearing us, For imparting good education and Nourishing our Career
By watering our childish roots and standing by us like a strong stem.
I wish all my teachers and to all those who have been 'gurus' in my life A HAPPY TEACHERS DAY.
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Inspired by Dinesh Sir's poem specifically naming his teachers and his 6 stars on this Day.
Comments about this poem (HAPPY TEACHERS DAY by Kavya ... )
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)