Subbaraman N V
Fear Kills Fifty Percent*
Unfortunate fear kills fifty percent
Humans, animals not significant!
Why and how none has logical reason
Fear for all, sure, in and out of season!
Strong wind, shadow and rain all cause of fear
Fear of pain, fear of life, fear of death near
Sure a funny world and man not knowing
What to fear and what not to-suffering
And dying mentally, day in and out!
Intellect fails, thoughts struck and vision shut
Sure miserable life not worth living!
Just a little clarity in thinking
A bit of rational analysis
Great faith in the Almighty's emphasis
Sure to help the timid to fight the ghost
And stay at their homes sans thought of the post!
Pain and panic shall not enter the soul
That has strong mind and firm will as a whole!
Fear not to kill that fear that kills the half
Humans or animals fear the other sharp
Sans rhyme or reason, in spring or summer
The young or old, boy or girl-made thinner!
The timid suffers and the strong prospers
Nature helps them not but sure the strong!
Subbaraman N V's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fear Kills Fifty Percent* by Subbaraman N V )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Religion, gajanan mishra
- gentle thief, Bull Hawking
- Xmas comes, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Surroundings-42, Indira Renganathan
- Courage, Leong Ming Loong
- Thieves, gajanan mishra
- don't mind, Bull Hawking
- Heretic and Deviant, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- JCB academic, is my fame, lee fones
- As because, gajanan mishra