Flashback! Escape from Egypt
There was a time,
we used to sit on a very strange tree!
To-the-view, out with my bag of thoughts!
I set a mood to lecturing time,
but only to slow down our trashy days!
Looking very stylish well on a lovely seashell!
Who are we in Egypt?
Friends of all desire, compacted-
-with a ‘CARE’ syrupy,
more for you believed in me!
Catching distance with our tiny ears!
To a theatrical part of two marvelling Flintstones!
We used to whiz quietly from the joint,
to nip springbok green-legs of camel-tops!
Right in-front of the brave bar-tender!
Amazingly with his two marbles
glued to a balloon of a hilarious tribute!
Next to a Red Caribbean pacifist cruise!
Our souls got terribly-terrified!
For we were tossed inside a dark foggy pot!
With one blanked labelled ‘YOU-WILL-FEEL-SORRY’
...trapped for the rivals didn’t like us!
At the end, the spell deliberately ripped us apart
But failed to melt the bond of us!
On a solid ground, I would like to thank God
and His gang of angels, for tying us!
For- when they cut-off the silly branch!
We both landed on a soft! Soft cushion
made from a rhythmic fur
of love and compassion!
Gloria Seseng's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flashback! Escape from Egypt by Gloria Seseng )
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols