For Inmates Willing To Change
Why not have certain inmates who are willing to change—
realize they can get better and write a new page—
A new page to their life from not going back to the insane—
Through sheriffs good thoughts, actions words and deeds
help these inmates feel worthy to get out and succeed.
Have a sheriff as a sponsor who will be there for them—
Is that an idea to treat them like family or friend?
When nurses do the “psyche evaluation”
why not make it more of how can we help
them get better without more incarseration?
Not just are you going to commit suicide?
How about what do we need to do to get
you to a point of healing deep inside?
Relationships then between law enforcement
would take on a new meaning-
Not the system of control which
lacks empathy and can be demeaning.
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (For Inmates Willing To Change by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart
- Born Again, Tony Adah
- I care less, hasmukh amathalal
- Final Page, RoseAnn V. Shawiak