For My Mother
You took a seed and made it a flower
It blossomed and bloomed and grew like a tower.
You gave it courage, happiness and love.
You gave me the knowledge that it came from above.
A broken glass you could perfectly fix
A broken heart you can mend with a kiss
Whenever I say dream, you always say come true.
And honestly mom, I couldn't do it without you.
I could never express what I mean when I say
That I love you more than words could ever explain
Because you are the reason I am able to get stronger
With your wisdom and words you help me get farther.
Whenever I'm down your smile brings me back up.
You taught me that I have to make my own luck.
You pushed me to strive and want to succeed.
And I promise to be there when you are in need.
I swear to always live up to what you've taught me
In this beautiful life that you and abba have brought me.
And no matter how long this poem may be
I could never fully repay you for what you've done for me
So know always that I love you with all my heart.
And I hope that this gave your mothers day a good start.
Kay Tee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For My Mother by Kay Tee )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Acknowledge What Love has to do with US, michael walkerjohn
- That Thing, Luo Zhihai
- The Polar Star, Tushar Ray