I do not want to be remembered when I am gone.
If when I needed love and empathy,
I found hatred and hostility,
When I gave everything to make others happy,
I received false love in return.
Doors were shut on me,
Treated as stranger,
Left to find my own survival kit;
What then would I do with love or a statue
When I am not here to enjoy them?
Those I have fed with the sweat of my labour,
Who having gone up the ladder of achievement,
Look down, unconcerned, leaving me hungry,
Victim to scurrilous lies and gossips.
On these foundations of pain and tears
Have I at last built my castle of peace.
Those who know me as the person I am,
Will shed some tears, and they are few.
They will remember me whether I leave a poem or a book.
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forget me by Mohabeer Beeharry )
- discomfiture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Broken Lullabies, Spiritwind Wood
- For simple reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- بلادي الحزينة, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Best endevor, hasmukh amathalal
- لماذا أحب وجهكِ ؟, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Shadow Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Better Than You, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Taking From Us, Spiritwind Wood
- Father Son and Holy Ghost, Audre Lorde
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)