My friends are important to me,
but sometimes I cannot help myself but wonder how it is for them,
Most of the time I feel hollow, and I can almost see myself in her body and she in mine.
I look at my friend, but all what she does is stare back.
I speak to her, but only when I ask a question, she gives answer.
I try to cheer her up, she smiles.
Than her face looks pained and the smile vanishes as if it never was.
It is as if she is hollow, my friend is a zombie.
They tell me it's not so bad, I'm fun to be around,
but I can't see how, I guess my face hides more than I thought.
Anne Unknown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship by Anne Unknown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wet touch, binod bastola
- Cutting Tea In Rainy Stall Of Lonavala!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Report Again, Margaret Alice Second
- ...as mine, Marites C. Cayetano
- The Old Men Do Not Fear, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Old Soldiers' Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Poets Were Hunted, Bulat Okudzhava
- Sister Of Mine, Bulat Okudzhava
- There's The Special Music, Bulat Okudzhava
- They Killed My Father, Bulat Okudzhava