I fall asleep after a while.
Then the normal routine happens....
My everyday nightmare returns...
When I awaken I don't remember exactly what I dreamt of,
but I remember demons, lurking in the shadows,
Werewolves and other monsters attacking me when I stand defenseless,
Vampires feeding off my blood,
And falling in black abliss.
I awake within the nightmare itself,
I awake breathless and sweaty,
I look around and I see only hell,
Fire all around, burning the doomed souls,
And then I change,
I become one of the monsters which I have feared so passionately.
I attack and feed off other defenseless people,
And watch them awaken as monsters, too.
I awaken in my bed, breathless,
And I inhale deeply,
I remember the Other breathless awakening,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breathless awakenings by Anne Unknown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra
- while the stars spin our ferris wheel..., Mandolyn ...
- The anger inside my head, Ben Matthews
- I see love, gajanan mishra
- In My Head, Brianna Kimball