Grandpa where are you?
There he sat, in his chair,
smiling at two of his granddaughters,
they love him with all their young hearts,
and he loves them with his old heart.
There he lay, in a hospital bed,
he weakens and this time,
although he may love his family with all his might,
he shall not get better again.
There he sat, taking shallow breaths,
the doctors say he is stable,
but he knows his heartbeats are numbered.
There he lay, in the coffin,
when most of his family are grieving at his funeral,
mourning there loss of grandpa, father, husband or brother.
They know he is at peace,
but the pain does not lessen,
They still miss his feeble laugh...
Here I sit, thinking about my grandpa,
tears rolling down my cheek,
although it may sound odd,
I feel him near me,
and it frightens me.
Here I lay, in my bed,
Where are you Grandpa?
the question rings in my ears,
although I do not know the answer,
I know he is safe and at peace.
Anne Unknown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grandpa where are you? by Anne Unknown )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra