Everything I've ever known in life is gone...
Gone is the smile,
I wore on my face,
gone is the heart,
where you took your place.
Gone is the fun,
I had in life,
gone is the security I had,
when you were by my side.
Gone is the fire,
that lit up my heart,
gone is the voice,
that kept me from falling apart.
Gone is everything,
that made me... me,
gone are my chances,
of ever being free.
Gone is the love,
I had in my heart,
gone is the magic,
of a shooting star.
Gone is the music,
I had in my soul,
gone is the person,
that made me so.
Gone is the love,
floating in the air,
gone is my best friend,
with her long brown hair.
Gone are you,
gone are me,
gone is my sight,
no wonder I can't see...
everything is gone...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone by Sami Woodall )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.