There's something in the night,
Lurking in the shadows,
His eyes glowing a magnificent yellow.
There's something here, beside me,
An animal with such grace,
A monster with such beauty.
There's something ready to attack,
The fur stands up on his back,
His fangs showing their sharp points.
There was something here,
but now it is gone,
He left me here, bleeding.
There is something watching me,
As I change shape,
And follow my Alpha wolf.
Anne Unknown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gracious predator by Anne Unknown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Fine Sight, Edgar Albert Guest
- World Famous Painting Haiku - Manet's A .., john tiong chunghoo
- At Your Own Risk, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Awakening, Aqua Flower
- Like One Concussed, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Find Me, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- The Diary, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Departed Friends, Edgar Albert Guest
- Constant Beauty, Edgar Albert Guest
- Too Complete A Circle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak