Green Eyed Mermaid
There’s a green eyed mermaid
who lives deep in the sea,
she has a mermaid tail
all sparkly and bluish green.
At night with the light of moon,
her eyes turn more greenish blue.
But green mostly during the day,
her big eyes have specs of brown not grey,
She sits on the rocks to get a tan,
she uses her tail as a fan.
Her tail flaps, swish, swish, swish.
Then at night when all fishes asleep,
she goes to rocks again and has a peep.
She looks at moon and makes a wish,
she wishes a pirate would give her a kiss.
Then she see’s his ship come to shore,
she anxiously waits, wondering what’s in store.
Pirate lands, and spots green eyed mermaid’s eyes,
he becomes totally hypnotized.
Realizing he sealed his fate,
he kisses her and they sets a date.
A date is set to
A date is set to marry thee,
Yes, green eyed mermaid Melodie.
Then the both go to sea,
Melodie is now a human with legs,
Her pirate husband has one leg as peg.
Now they sail the seas,
Melodie is so happy she is free.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on Sunday, May 29,2011
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Green Eyed Mermaid by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am a snowfall at your gate, Mark Heathcote
- Yakhni, Nassy Fesharaki
- Illuminating Shyness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Flagrant Hesitancy-, Thomas Bates
- to the boy, now a man, driving a Silverado, Mandolyn Davidson
- One Whisper... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- Naturally Dispersed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pluripotent (return hexatina refrains), Diane Hine
- A Woman's Life, Geraldine Kelly
- What is this love?, Mark Heathcote