Guy In The Chair ....... [a response to Eugene Levich's PH poem 'The Pelican'; mythology; SHORT; a bit of humor perhaps]
I spy an old guy in a big lounging chair.
I see him as, o'er him, I glide on the air.
I know he wishes to know....where i reside,
and from him that information I'll not now hide.
“I live on a nearby island, Ithaca by name,
and Ulysses dallies in Troy, but him I don't blame.
“But while Ulysses dallies in war I dally in love,
with mortals from Earth and gods from above.
“And my name is Penelope, as near-guessed your wife.
I'll fly home with my fish now. You both have a good life.”
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Guy In The Chair ....... [a response to Eugene Levich's PH poem 'The Pelican'; mythology; SHORT; a bit of humor perhaps] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Key to My Heart, Whitney Brown
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas Dad, David Boyce
Poem of the Day
- Until Next Time, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Unity and strength., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- That shall keep, hasmukh amathalal
- Change the scene, hasmukh amathalal
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad