Guy In The Chair ....... [a response to Eugene Levich's PH poem 'The Pelican'; mythology; SHORT; a bit of humor perhaps]
I spy an old guy in a big lounging chair.
I see him as, o'er him, I glide on the air.
I know he wishes to know....where i reside,
and from him that information I'll not now hide.
“I live on a nearby island, Ithaca by name,
and Ulysses dallies in Troy, but him I don't blame.
“But while Ulysses dallies in war I dally in love,
with mortals from Earth and gods from above.
“And my name is Penelope, as near-guessed your wife.
I'll fly home with my fish now. You both have a good life.”
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Guy In The Chair ....... [a response to Eugene Levich's PH poem 'The Pelican'; mythology; SHORT; a bit of humor perhaps] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Court of Life, Kolade Seun
- Entropic Being., John Lee Williams
- What The Tortoise Said, Tony Adah
- Forgiveness, Tiger Lily
- Stature, Nassy Fesharaki
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 5, ramesh rai
- Lost At Sea, Margaret Alice Second
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)