He's A Neat Freak Freakin' Out
Neat freak freakin' out:
This describes my husband- there is no doubt
That he drives me utterly deranged
With all his nit-pickin'
Habits that I could do without.
It's a real good thing that I'm a devout
Follower of his.
If I weren't, this would really pizz
If that's not bad enough
When he gets up out of bed
I'd better get up too.
If I don't then I risk him
Making the bed with me in it.
How much more of this
Can I take?
Sometimes I wonder
If I made a big mistake
When I married this man
Who is a real butt ache.
Did he go to school to become
A nit-pickin' neat-freakin'
The next time he gripes
About all the clutter
I will tell him not to utter
Because his strict habits are so absurd
That maybe I should consider divorce.
If he doesn't lay off his neurotic ways
Then one of these days
I'm gonna do something really drastic.
Like pull out all my hair.
My God, this are not fair.
Oh no I'd better correct my grammar
Because if I don't then he will clamor
And roar so loud
That my ears will ring.
There's nothing worse
I have to sing...
Than a neat freak freakin' out.
Susan Sparks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (He's A Neat Freak Freakin' Out by Susan Sparks )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Durgapuri Babu
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- That shall keep, hasmukh amathalal
- Change the scene, hasmukh amathalal
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney