Ode to Menopause
Somebody please put out the fire-
These hot flashes are something I don't desire.
Oh God, why is this happening to me?
These hot flashes are turning me into
Actually, not gourmet-
I'd have to say
More like burnt toast
Or overdone weenie roast.
How hot could it possibly be?
Let me give you the recipe:
If HELL is as hot as this,
Then I'd prefer paralysis (or even dialysis.)
If you're hot, you're hot
And if you're not, you're not.
But if you feel like you're on a charcoal grill,
I'd suggest you take a giant chill pill.
When I break out in a tremendous sweat
Out goes my feminine etiquette.
I'll lift up my shirt to get fresh air.
If it embarrasses you I really don't care.
I'm having a hot flash right now;
At this moment I'm wiping my brow.
There's sweat pouring off of me.
Quite frankly, I'd rather be a HE.
Susan Sparks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ode to Menopause by Susan Sparks )
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Still here Still here?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I, the Poet-Seer, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)